Friends Roasted Matt Damon During 24th Cinematheque Award
Matt Damon was officially honored with the 24th American Cinematheque Award on Saturday, March 27 witnessed by his friends and family. The "Bourne" series actor came to the event accompanied by wife Luciana Barroso and took picture on the arrival carpet with best friend Ben Affleck who was on duty to present him the award.
The gala was opened with a speech from Jimmy Kimmel. "This is ridiculous, right? He's not even 40!" Kimmel joked. "We're giving the salute to someone in his 30s! Next year, let's give it to Vanessa Hudgens." He added, "I happen to know that Clint Eastwood did not get this award. Are you telling me Matt Damon is better than Clint Eastwood? Not even close! Even in the movies with the monkey, Clint was better," referring to the chimp in "Any Which Way But Loose".
Kimmel's ex Sarah Silverman, who famously created a viral video "I'm F***ing Matt Damon" in 2008 and joked that she gave Damon his first big break through the video, also shared a word. "The worst thing I could say is, you know, Matt Damon is like, maybe he's a perfectionist," Silverman quipped. "And his breath is like, Jesus! And his hair plugs are really obvious. Besides that, there's like nothing. So sorry, roast not possible!"
Silverman was not the only one to poke fun at the actor. Affleck's wife Jennifer Garner took the opportunity to talk about the world-known bromance between her husband and Damon. "Ben is half of one of the greatest love stories ever told. Not with me," she joked. "The actual prototype for the great Hollywood Bromance... Here's proof that love is alive and well in Hollywood. At least for my darling husband and my husband's darling husband."
The event turned into a roast when Affleck himself opted to tease the honored actor. "Matt always said to me, 'Ben, there are two things that are more important to me than anything else in this world.' Folks: 'Fame, money.' You did it, Matty! You got there!" Affleck told the crowd. Accepting the honor, Damon himself was in a good mood to joke. "I can honestly say there's a good chance that next year, Ben will be here, presenting this award to someone else," he said. "There's a lot of buzz about Vanessa Hudgens."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video