Sugababes Deny Being Dropped From Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Sugababes set the record straight on the rumor claiming that they were kicked out of Jay-Z's recording company, Roc Nation. In a message on their official website, the British all-girl group insisted they never signed a deal with the label, so there was no way they got dropped.
"We just wanted to let our fans know that we had a great time working with Roc Nation to record the album 'Sweet 7' and massive thanks to those of you who have already bought it," they said. "However, contrary to some tabloid mis-reporting, we have never been 'signed' to Roc Nation for a scheduled album release in America."
"We continue to be signed to Universal Island and are looking forward to some big performance plans across the Summer and also bringing you some new music very soon," they ended their message.
In related news, one of the Sugababes' former members, Keisha Buchanan, reportedly is in talks to seal a record deal with Jay-Z's label. A source told the Mirror, "Keisha is flying out to LA this week to record her solo album. Jay is serious about getting her on board. They hit it off at the Brits afterparty in London. Keisha will be gutted that things have not worked out so well for the band she helped create."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed