Sugababes Deny Being Dropped From Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Sugababes set the record straight on the rumor claiming that they were kicked out of Jay-Z's recording company, Roc Nation. In a message on their official website, the British all-girl group insisted they never signed a deal with the label, so there was no way they got dropped.
"We just wanted to let our fans know that we had a great time working with Roc Nation to record the album 'Sweet 7' and massive thanks to those of you who have already bought it," they said. "However, contrary to some tabloid mis-reporting, we have never been 'signed' to Roc Nation for a scheduled album release in America."
"We continue to be signed to Universal Island and are looking forward to some big performance plans across the Summer and also bringing you some new music very soon," they ended their message.
In related news, one of the Sugababes' former members, Keisha Buchanan, reportedly is in talks to seal a record deal with Jay-Z's label. A source told the Mirror, "Keisha is flying out to LA this week to record her solo album. Jay is serious about getting her on board. They hit it off at the Brits afterparty in London. Keisha will be gutted that things have not worked out so well for the band she helped create."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding