Sugababes Deny Being Dropped From Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Sugababes set the record straight on the rumor claiming that they were kicked out of Jay-Z's recording company, Roc Nation. In a message on their official website, the British all-girl group insisted they never signed a deal with the label, so there was no way they got dropped.
"We just wanted to let our fans know that we had a great time working with Roc Nation to record the album 'Sweet 7' and massive thanks to those of you who have already bought it," they said. "However, contrary to some tabloid mis-reporting, we have never been 'signed' to Roc Nation for a scheduled album release in America."
"We continue to be signed to Universal Island and are looking forward to some big performance plans across the Summer and also bringing you some new music very soon," they ended their message.
In related news, one of the Sugababes' former members, Keisha Buchanan, reportedly is in talks to seal a record deal with Jay-Z's label. A source told the Mirror, "Keisha is flying out to LA this week to record her solo album. Jay is serious about getting her on board. They hit it off at the Brits afterparty in London. Keisha will be gutted that things have not worked out so well for the band she helped create."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special