Bryan Singer Is Not 'First Class' Helmer, But Will Produce It
All the worry about Bryan Singer not returning to the director seat in next "X-Men" film is really happening. Following rumor that he may not be able to serve behind the lens for "X-Men: First Class" though he has announced his involvement himself, Deadline Hollywood has reported that 20th Century Fox has let him go from the said job.
Though so, Singer will still have part in "First Class" as the studio has agreed to move his authority from helmer to producer. Thus, he will team up with other producers, Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg.
If this will help to relieve the disappointment, Singer reportedly left the directing duty because Fox is very pleased with the script written by Jamie Moss from Singer's treatment that the studio wants the film sooner than it was expected. Words are, they are now planning to have it ready for 2011 release instead of 2012.
As it has been known, Singer has already signed a deal with Warner Bros. Pictures to helm "Jack the Giant Killer" which will begin casting shortly and start production in summer. He, however, has been unofficially offered a chance to direct "X-Men 4" and he has shown great interest on it.
Fox is currently looking for Singer replacement and has talked to several directors. But as of press time, no name has emerged as the candidate. No actor has been cast for "X-Men: First Class" which will center its story on the origin of the mutant school and also highlight the relationship between Magneto and Professor X.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed