Angelina Jolie Interested to Play Evil Queen in New 'Sleeping Beauty' Movie
Angelina Jolie has reportedly eyed an antagonist role in her next movie. According to Los Angeles Times, the actress has been circling "Maleficent" since last spring, the postmodern take on "Sleeping Beauty", and is still keen on to take the role of the titular villain.
Maleficent, the title character, is the evil fairy godmother in the Disney film. The movie itself is said to be told from the perspective of the wicked character. Walt Disney Pictures has just hired Linda Woolverton, screenwriter of "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Lion King", to work on the script for the upcoming project.
As for the helmer, Tim Burton has also been long rumored to join the project but there has been no deal. It is also unclear whether Jolie's involvement in "Maleficent" would depend on Burton moving forward with it too. Both the studio and the actress have not made comment on the news, but it is suggested that there is great chance she stars in it since there has been no movie lined-up for her after "The Tourist".
Jolie is currently in Venice, Italy to shoot "The Tourist" in which she plays opposite Johnny Depp. She recently decided to drop "Wanted 2" reportedly to take another project "Gravity". Her acting can soon be seen in thriller "Salt" which is set for July 23 release in the U.S.
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing