Jack Probably Given Happy Ending in '24' Finale
As rating begins to slip in its current season, producers of "24" take the measure of ending the show with 8 seasons. The two-hour series finale will air on May 24 but FOX will first air 11 hours of uninterrupted episodes every Monday nights.
"If they said tomorrow that you have a ninth season, it's not something we'd be up for because we realize Jack's story in the real-time format has been told," exec producer Howard Gordon said of the cancellation. Show's star Kiefer Sutherland added, "This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible."
Howard and Kiefer however, will revive the series in a feature film which won't be a prequel. Target date to have it in theaters is not yet known but Howard said, "I'd hope it would happen sooner rather than later. And I think that's Keifer's feeling, too."
The latest development about the cancellation is the interview between TV MoJoe and Howard about the finale. "We really explored the full spectrum [of possible endings], from Jack's demise to a happy ending," the producer said. "But those seemed reductive. Jack will probably survive." Series creators Joel Surnow and Bob Cochran may not run the show anymore but they have been given "the broad outlines" of how the series will end.
Plus, Eriq La Salle has been signed to appear in the final two episodes. According to EW, he will play "the charming and regal UN Secretary General."
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs