'Iron Man 3' Could Be Happening Before 'The Avengers'
It seems that Paramount Pictures has another project lined up before they will start working on "The Avengers". The movie which is said to come prior to the film that will gather superheroes from Marvel universe is no other than "Iron Man 3".
The speculation sparks after Associated Press claims Robert Downey Jr. is looking forward to putting on his Iron Man costume, not for "The Avengers" in which his character is also slated to appear, but for the follow-up to not-yet-released "Iron Man 2". The actor's statement is not quoted but the site mentions, "Downey said he aims to suit up for a third 'Iron Man' flick."
If the report is proven to be true then "Iron Man 3" will likely hit theaters before May 4, 2012, when "The Avengers" is scheduled to be released. Assuming that the third "Iron Man" movie is still planned for 2012 release, then it may come out early that year.
Though "Iron Man 2" is yet to be dropped in U.S. theaters until May 7, Robert Downey Jr. reportedly has signed on to reprise his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man for the next installment. He is also set to portray the same character in "The Avengers" which will bring together other superheroes from Marvel Comics characters such as Captain America, Thor and the Hulk.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell