Vogue Reportedly Does Not Want Gabourey Sidibe
Gabourey Sidibe is still facing more criticism about her weight and this time it allegedly comes from fashion magazine Vogue. According to PopEater, the high-couture publication which often displays size-zero models does not want the Oscar-nominated actress to grace its cover.
"She's a joke in the fashion community. What she wore on the red carpet at the Academy Awards wasn't a dress, it was a tent," a Vogue insider told PopEater. "Vogue is venue where designers debut their best new pieces. All are of which are one of a kind and sample size. It would be impossible to get a regular-sized girl in those clothes, let alone Gabby."
Vogue has made no comment regarding this. In May last year, chief editor Anna Wintour slammed America's weight obsession. "There's such an epidemic of obesity in the United States, and for some reason, everybody focuses on anorexia," Wintour said. "We need to spend money, time and education on teaching people to eat, exercise and take care of themselves in a healthier way. It [has gotten people] provoked, which is really the point."
This is not the first time Sidibe is snubbed from magazine cover. Vanity Fair was criticized for leaving out the actress from its Rising Young Hollywood edition that presented movie actresses such as Carey Mulligan, Mia Wasikowska and Amanda Seyfried.
More Gabourey Sidibe News
- 'The Flash' Season 3 Finale Confirms the Twisted Theory, Reveals Real Victim
- Scott Disick Hoping for 'Awkward Run-In' With Kourtney Kardashian During Outing With Bella Thorne
- Camila Cabello Teams Up With Ed Sheeran, Pharrell and Charli XCX on Upcoming Album
- 'American Crime Story': Get Official First Look at Penelope Cruz as Donatella Versace
- Hollywood Mourns the Death of James Bond Star Roger Moore
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago