Vogue Reportedly Does Not Want Gabourey Sidibe
Gabourey Sidibe is still facing more criticism about her weight and this time it allegedly comes from fashion magazine Vogue. According to PopEater, the high-couture publication which often displays size-zero models does not want the Oscar-nominated actress to grace its cover.
"She's a joke in the fashion community. What she wore on the red carpet at the Academy Awards wasn't a dress, it was a tent," a Vogue insider told PopEater. "Vogue is venue where designers debut their best new pieces. All are of which are one of a kind and sample size. It would be impossible to get a regular-sized girl in those clothes, let alone Gabby."
Vogue has made no comment regarding this. In May last year, chief editor Anna Wintour slammed America's weight obsession. "There's such an epidemic of obesity in the United States, and for some reason, everybody focuses on anorexia," Wintour said. "We need to spend money, time and education on teaching people to eat, exercise and take care of themselves in a healthier way. It [has gotten people] provoked, which is really the point."
This is not the first time Sidibe is snubbed from magazine cover. Vanity Fair was criticized for leaving out the actress from its Rising Young Hollywood edition that presented movie actresses such as Carey Mulligan, Mia Wasikowska and Amanda Seyfried.
More Gabourey Sidibe News
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party