Vogue Reportedly Does Not Want Gabourey Sidibe
Gabourey Sidibe is still facing more criticism about her weight and this time it allegedly comes from fashion magazine Vogue. According to PopEater, the high-couture publication which often displays size-zero models does not want the Oscar-nominated actress to grace its cover.
"She's a joke in the fashion community. What she wore on the red carpet at the Academy Awards wasn't a dress, it was a tent," a Vogue insider told PopEater. "Vogue is venue where designers debut their best new pieces. All are of which are one of a kind and sample size. It would be impossible to get a regular-sized girl in those clothes, let alone Gabby."
Vogue has made no comment regarding this. In May last year, chief editor Anna Wintour slammed America's weight obsession. "There's such an epidemic of obesity in the United States, and for some reason, everybody focuses on anorexia," Wintour said. "We need to spend money, time and education on teaching people to eat, exercise and take care of themselves in a healthier way. It [has gotten people] provoked, which is really the point."
This is not the first time Sidibe is snubbed from magazine cover. Vanity Fair was criticized for leaving out the actress from its Rising Young Hollywood edition that presented movie actresses such as Carey Mulligan, Mia Wasikowska and Amanda Seyfried.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set