Dennis Hopper Is on His Deathbed
Dennis Hopper is on his deathbed according to information from a court filing in his divorce case with estranged wife Victoria Duffy. Hopper, who filed for divorce in January, can't be questioned by Duffy's attorney in deposition since the "Easy Rider" star is terminally ill.
Hopper's attorney revealed that the 73-year-old actor is too weak to undergo chemotherapy and he has dropped 100 pounds. However, he is allowed to attend his Hollywood Walk of Fame honor on Friday, March 26 because his doctor considers the event will be a positive experience for him.
Hopper filed for divorce from his wife of 13 years, citing irreconcilable differences. In early February, according to documents obtained by TMZ, the actor's doctor Dr. David Agus claimed that "the presence of his estranged wife is hampering Mr. Hopper's present cancer care." He added, "It is my belief and recommendation that the less Mr. Hopper has to do with his estranged wife at this time, the more likely he is to have his life extended."
Additionally, at a Los Angeles court hearing on February 11, Hopper's lawyer stated that Duffy "repeatedly subjected [Hopper] to severe emotional distress". The actor was then granted restraining order against her. Duffy is ordered to stay at least 10 feet away from Hopper and asked to move out from the actor's residence in Venice, California. However, the father of four is willing to pay Duffy a $5,000 monthly spousal support.
Dennis Hopper has been battling prostate cancer since 2002. He first revealed his battle with the disease in October 2009 after he was admitted to hospital for "severe flu-like symptoms." He further underwent treatment at the University of Southern California although doctors claimed that his cancer has spread.
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'