Christina Aguilera Pictured as Half Cyborg in 'Bionic' Cover Art
Christina Aguilera has unleashed an official picture to be featured on the front page of her upcoming studio album "Bionic". While the previous photo for "Not Myself Tonight" artwork has the singer with devil's horns and tail, this new one sees a headshot of her as a human-machine hybrid.
Christina's fourth effort, "Bionic" is slated to be released in the U.S. on June 8. The lead single "Not Myself Tonight" is produced by Polow da Don and described as a "fiercely energetic anthem". The track will be debuted on March 30 at 6 P.M. EDT, receives radio airplay on April 5 and will be available on iTunes on April 13.
Another confirmed song in the forthcoming release is a ballad song called "Lift Me Up" which is written by Linda Perry. The song has been showcased live by Christina when she performed at "Hope for Haiti" telethon earlier this year.
The word "Bionic" in the album title is aimed to reflect Christina's ability to "take her range to new levels and use her voice in various ways never heard before." Other names contributing to the making of the record are Sia Furler, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Le Tigre, Hill & Switch and Ladytron.
"Working on this album with so many talented artists and producers that I admire was really an amazing experience," so Christina said. "The artists I chose to work with added so many unique sonic layers to 'Bionic'. My intention was to step into their world and what they do combined with my own vision and sound. The results were magic."
"I was able to explore and create a fresh, sexy feel using both electronic and organic elements with subject matter ranging from playful to introspective. I am so excited for my fans to hear the new sound. It is something I don't think anyone will expect."
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods