'Green Lantern' Casts More Actresses, New Pics From the Set Found
While shooting has been kicked off on March 15, "Green Lantern" has added more names on its cast ensemble. It has just been reported by Variety that Angela Bassett is cast as Dr. Amanda Waller, a government agent who's a staple of the DC Comics series. The 51-year-old previously starred in TV series "ER" as Dr. Cate Banfield and a number of film features.
Another star who has landed a role in the superhero movie is Marcela Duarte. The Brazilian model revealed the news via her Twitter page, but it has not been known what character that is played by her.
Soon after announcing her casting, Duarte has joined the filming at Second Line Stages, 800 Richard Street in New Orleans and later shared new pictures from the set. In one photo, she is seen posing alongside Ryan Reynolds and his dog. The other image, meanwhile, captures her sandwiched between director Martin Campbell and another crew member.
Tapped to play titular character Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ryan Reynolds will star opposite Blake Lively who is chosen to be Carol Ferris, Jordan's love interest. Moreover, starring as the villain, Sinestro, is Mark Strong. This action film, which revolves around an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet, is slated for June 17, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs