'Green Lantern' Casts More Actresses, New Pics From the Set Found
While shooting has been kicked off on March 15, "Green Lantern" has added more names on its cast ensemble. It has just been reported by Variety that Angela Bassett is cast as Dr. Amanda Waller, a government agent who's a staple of the DC Comics series. The 51-year-old previously starred in TV series "ER" as Dr. Cate Banfield and a number of film features.
Another star who has landed a role in the superhero movie is Marcela Duarte. The Brazilian model revealed the news via her Twitter page, but it has not been known what character that is played by her.
Soon after announcing her casting, Duarte has joined the filming at Second Line Stages, 800 Richard Street in New Orleans and later shared new pictures from the set. In one photo, she is seen posing alongside Ryan Reynolds and his dog. The other image, meanwhile, captures her sandwiched between director Martin Campbell and another crew member.
Tapped to play titular character Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ryan Reynolds will star opposite Blake Lively who is chosen to be Carol Ferris, Jordan's love interest. Moreover, starring as the villain, Sinestro, is Mark Strong. This action film, which revolves around an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet, is slated for June 17, 2011 release in the U.S.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune