'Green Lantern' Casts More Actresses, New Pics From the Set Found
While shooting has been kicked off on March 15, "Green Lantern" has added more names on its cast ensemble. It has just been reported by Variety that Angela Bassett is cast as Dr. Amanda Waller, a government agent who's a staple of the DC Comics series. The 51-year-old previously starred in TV series "ER" as Dr. Cate Banfield and a number of film features.
Another star who has landed a role in the superhero movie is Marcela Duarte. The Brazilian model revealed the news via her Twitter page, but it has not been known what character that is played by her.
Soon after announcing her casting, Duarte has joined the filming at Second Line Stages, 800 Richard Street in New Orleans and later shared new pictures from the set. In one photo, she is seen posing alongside Ryan Reynolds and his dog. The other image, meanwhile, captures her sandwiched between director Martin Campbell and another crew member.
Tapped to play titular character Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Ryan Reynolds will star opposite Blake Lively who is chosen to be Carol Ferris, Jordan's love interest. Moreover, starring as the villain, Sinestro, is Mark Strong. This action film, which revolves around an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet, is slated for June 17, 2011 release in the U.S.
More Green Lantern News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer