Preview of Kelis' 'Acapella' Music Video
Kelis is seen putting on tribal make-up and costume in this sneak peek to her upcoming music video for single "Acapella". The video is directed by Rankin and Chris Cottam and is scheduled to be debuted in full next week, Monday, March 29.
"It has a really strong, universal, tribal vibe to it. When I say that, I mean it's no particular tribe; it's a little bit of everything," she told Rap-Up. "It's like if the world were to end and there was one woman standing, what would it be like?"
"It's not fashion-oriented at all. Actually, it's the complete opposite," she continued her explanation. "I think everything is over-fashioned up that it just becomes uninteresting, and when every artist has access to every designer and vice versa, it's no longer exciting or fun."
An up-beat jam, "Acapella" is produced by acclaimed DJ David Guetta and set to be included in Kelis' "Flesh Tone" which is due in June.
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors