Preview of Kelis' 'Acapella' Music Video
Kelis is seen putting on tribal make-up and costume in this sneak peek to her upcoming music video for single "Acapella". The video is directed by Rankin and Chris Cottam and is scheduled to be debuted in full next week, Monday, March 29.
"It has a really strong, universal, tribal vibe to it. When I say that, I mean it's no particular tribe; it's a little bit of everything," she told Rap-Up. "It's like if the world were to end and there was one woman standing, what would it be like?"
"It's not fashion-oriented at all. Actually, it's the complete opposite," she continued her explanation. "I think everything is over-fashioned up that it just becomes uninteresting, and when every artist has access to every designer and vice versa, it's no longer exciting or fun."
An up-beat jam, "Acapella" is produced by acclaimed DJ David Guetta and set to be included in Kelis' "Flesh Tone" which is due in June.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards