Preview of Kelis' 'Acapella' Music Video
Kelis is seen putting on tribal make-up and costume in this sneak peek to her upcoming music video for single "Acapella". The video is directed by Rankin and Chris Cottam and is scheduled to be debuted in full next week, Monday, March 29.
"It has a really strong, universal, tribal vibe to it. When I say that, I mean it's no particular tribe; it's a little bit of everything," she told Rap-Up. "It's like if the world were to end and there was one woman standing, what would it be like?"
"It's not fashion-oriented at all. Actually, it's the complete opposite," she continued her explanation. "I think everything is over-fashioned up that it just becomes uninteresting, and when every artist has access to every designer and vice versa, it's no longer exciting or fun."
An up-beat jam, "Acapella" is produced by acclaimed DJ David Guetta and set to be included in Kelis' "Flesh Tone" which is due in June.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'