Preview of Kelis' 'Acapella' Music Video
Kelis is seen putting on tribal make-up and costume in this sneak peek to her upcoming music video for single "Acapella". The video is directed by Rankin and Chris Cottam and is scheduled to be debuted in full next week, Monday, March 29.
"It has a really strong, universal, tribal vibe to it. When I say that, I mean it's no particular tribe; it's a little bit of everything," she told Rap-Up. "It's like if the world were to end and there was one woman standing, what would it be like?"
"It's not fashion-oriented at all. Actually, it's the complete opposite," she continued her explanation. "I think everything is over-fashioned up that it just becomes uninteresting, and when every artist has access to every designer and vice versa, it's no longer exciting or fun."
An up-beat jam, "Acapella" is produced by acclaimed DJ David Guetta and set to be included in Kelis' "Flesh Tone" which is due in June.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism