'The Incredibles' Helmer In Talks to Direct 'Mission: Impossible IV'
As Tom Cruise has signed on to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" and the movie is gearing to start its production in summer, the filmmakers have been actively looking for a director. A name who has surfaced as the possible director for the upcoming project is Brad Bird, so The Hollywood Reporter (THR) mentioned.
Bird is not alone on the short list as Ruben Fleischer and Edgar Wright are allegedly also in talks to serve behind the lens for this fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie. THR further reported that Cruise and J.J. Abrams, who will produce the movie alongside Paula Wagner, have had meetings with the "Zombieland" helmer and the "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" director.
If Bird is chosen to be the helmer for "Mission: Impossible IV", it will be his debut in directing a live-action movie. The 52-year-old actor/screenwriter is best known for his works in animations, including "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille".
"Mission: Impossible IV" has tapped Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec to provide the screenplay but there has been no word on the storyline. Beside Tom Cruise, no actor has been cast for the action film which is planned to be dropped by Paramount Pictures during Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2011.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR