'The Incredibles' Helmer In Talks to Direct 'Mission: Impossible IV'
As Tom Cruise has signed on to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" and the movie is gearing to start its production in summer, the filmmakers have been actively looking for a director. A name who has surfaced as the possible director for the upcoming project is Brad Bird, so The Hollywood Reporter (THR) mentioned.
Bird is not alone on the short list as Ruben Fleischer and Edgar Wright are allegedly also in talks to serve behind the lens for this fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie. THR further reported that Cruise and J.J. Abrams, who will produce the movie alongside Paula Wagner, have had meetings with the "Zombieland" helmer and the "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" director.
If Bird is chosen to be the helmer for "Mission: Impossible IV", it will be his debut in directing a live-action movie. The 52-year-old actor/screenwriter is best known for his works in animations, including "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille".
"Mission: Impossible IV" has tapped Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec to provide the screenplay but there has been no word on the storyline. Beside Tom Cruise, no actor has been cast for the action film which is planned to be dropped by Paramount Pictures during Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2011.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier