'The Incredibles' Helmer In Talks to Direct 'Mission: Impossible IV'
As Tom Cruise has signed on to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" and the movie is gearing to start its production in summer, the filmmakers have been actively looking for a director. A name who has surfaced as the possible director for the upcoming project is Brad Bird, so The Hollywood Reporter (THR) mentioned.
Bird is not alone on the short list as Ruben Fleischer and Edgar Wright are allegedly also in talks to serve behind the lens for this fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie. THR further reported that Cruise and J.J. Abrams, who will produce the movie alongside Paula Wagner, have had meetings with the "Zombieland" helmer and the "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" director.
If Bird is chosen to be the helmer for "Mission: Impossible IV", it will be his debut in directing a live-action movie. The 52-year-old actor/screenwriter is best known for his works in animations, including "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille".
"Mission: Impossible IV" has tapped Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec to provide the screenplay but there has been no word on the storyline. Beside Tom Cruise, no actor has been cast for the action film which is planned to be dropped by Paramount Pictures during Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2011.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut