'The Incredibles' Helmer In Talks to Direct 'Mission: Impossible IV'
As Tom Cruise has signed on to reprise his role as Ethan Hunt in "Mission: Impossible IV" and the movie is gearing to start its production in summer, the filmmakers have been actively looking for a director. A name who has surfaced as the possible director for the upcoming project is Brad Bird, so The Hollywood Reporter (THR) mentioned.
Bird is not alone on the short list as Ruben Fleischer and Edgar Wright are allegedly also in talks to serve behind the lens for this fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie. THR further reported that Cruise and J.J. Abrams, who will produce the movie alongside Paula Wagner, have had meetings with the "Zombieland" helmer and the "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" director.
If Bird is chosen to be the helmer for "Mission: Impossible IV", it will be his debut in directing a live-action movie. The 52-year-old actor/screenwriter is best known for his works in animations, including "The Incredibles" and "Ratatouille".
"Mission: Impossible IV" has tapped Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec to provide the screenplay but there has been no word on the storyline. Beside Tom Cruise, no actor has been cast for the action film which is planned to be dropped by Paramount Pictures during Memorial Day weekend on May 27, 2011.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'