Video Premiere: Usher's 'Lil Freak' Feat. Nicki Minaj
Usher's music video for his new single "Lil Freak" has finally made its debut. It features Nicki Minaj and Ciara making cameo appearances. Filmed in Los Angeles, the video is directed by TAJ and sees the Young Money female rapper wearing a two-tone wig.
On what to offer in the upcoming video, Nicki previously told MTV, "It felt just like one of the sequels to 'Saw'. It was dope." The director, meanwhile, talked to Vibe Magazine about redefining the word "freak."
"My general idea was to take the word and show its many faceted sides," he explained. "Twisting and turning it to where theres really no distinguishing between one freak and another."
"Lil Freak" is taken from Usher's March 30 release "Raymond vs. Raymond".
In another news, Usher has been recruited to mentor "American Idol" hopefuls for next week's R&B/soul-themed performance.
More Usher News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie