Lady Antebellum Back to No. 1, Justin Bieber to Reign Chart Next Week
Lady Antebellum reclaim the No. 1 position on Billboard Hot 200 this week, making it their fourth non-consecutive week reign. Their album "Need You Now" adds another 93,000 copies (down 11%), becoming the first chart topper to sell less than 100,000 units since Reba McEntire's "Keep on Loving You" ruled the chart with 96,000 in August last year.
The second place on the U.S. albums chart is secured by newcomer "Here I Am" from Marvin Sapp. The record arrives on the list with 76,000 copies, becoming the highest-charting gospel album since 1997 when "God's Property" from Kirk Franklin's Nu Nation bowed at No. 3.
Sitting at the next spot is last week's champ Ludacris' "Battle of the Sexes". The effort, featuring Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz, Flo Rida, Gucci Mane, Monica and Ne-Yo among others, shifts 61,000 in its second week on sale.
The second-highest chart debut this week is a two-disc rock compilation titled "The Edge". Powered with hit singles from the likes of 30 Seconds to Mars, Puddle of Mud, Jet and Hoobastank, the double disc debuted at No. 4 with 53,000.
Lady GaGa's "The Fame" rises from No. 8 to 5 with 48,000 copies, Sade's "Soldier of Love" holds its previous spot at No. 6 with 40,000 units, Jimi Hendrix's "Valleys Of Neptune" drops three slots to No. 7 with a little over 39,000, Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D." sits at No. 8 with just under 39,000, and Gorillaz's "Plastic Beach" lands at No. 9 with 38,000.
Rounding up the Top 10 is Justin Bieber's mini album "My World" which sells 33,000 copies in anticipation of its follow-up "My World 2.0". The Canadian pop singer is predicted to top the list next week with an estimated 250,000 selling number from his second album.
Top 10 of Billboard Hot 200:
- "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum
- "Here I Am" - Marvin Sapp
- "Battle of the Sexes" - Ludacris
- "The Edge" rock compilation - various artists
- "The Fame" - Lady GaGa
- "Soldier of Love" - Sade
- "Valleys Of Neptune" - Jimi Hendrix
- "The E.N.D." - Black Eyed Peas
- "Plastic Beach" - Gorillaz
- "My World" - Justin Bieber
More Lady Antebellum News
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album