M.I.A. to Release a 'Weird' Album
M.I.A.'s upcoming studio album is discussed by Diplo. Talking to MTV at the recent South by Southwest Film and Music Festival, the producer opened up what the singer has to offer for fans who are waiting for her new music.
"[The album] is cool. I think that she's just wrapping up the mixing and stuff. I was in New York on Thursday, before I came here, I was mixing down the last single for it," he said. "It's a record I did for her that's sort of ... you can't even [explain] what it would sound like."
"It's sort of like an Animal Collective/ gospel/ giant-drum record. And she's singing on it. I think you might expect some rap/club music, but nothing on there. It's more of a heavy record. All kinds of different sounds. We did, like, a punk thing. ... It's weird."
One of the songs Diplo produced for the album is called "Tell Me Why". He stated, "It's a big, kinda giant-sounding record. ... It sounds like some Wall of Sound, Motown kind of thing. It's just me and Switch producing the album, and Blaqstarr did a couple of tracks, too."
He furthermore spilled the beans that there will be no featured guests in the effort and that makes it different from other artists' work. "It's just her on it. She's got a good attitude about it. She's excited for people to hear it," he gushed.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding