M.I.A. to Release a 'Weird' Album
M.I.A.'s upcoming studio album is discussed by Diplo. Talking to MTV at the recent South by Southwest Film and Music Festival, the producer opened up what the singer has to offer for fans who are waiting for her new music.
"[The album] is cool. I think that she's just wrapping up the mixing and stuff. I was in New York on Thursday, before I came here, I was mixing down the last single for it," he said. "It's a record I did for her that's sort of ... you can't even [explain] what it would sound like."
"It's sort of like an Animal Collective/ gospel/ giant-drum record. And she's singing on it. I think you might expect some rap/club music, but nothing on there. It's more of a heavy record. All kinds of different sounds. We did, like, a punk thing. ... It's weird."
One of the songs Diplo produced for the album is called "Tell Me Why". He stated, "It's a big, kinda giant-sounding record. ... It sounds like some Wall of Sound, Motown kind of thing. It's just me and Switch producing the album, and Blaqstarr did a couple of tracks, too."
He furthermore spilled the beans that there will be no featured guests in the effort and that makes it different from other artists' work. "It's just her on it. She's got a good attitude about it. She's excited for people to hear it," he gushed.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves