M.I.A. to Release a 'Weird' Album
M.I.A.'s upcoming studio album is discussed by Diplo. Talking to MTV at the recent South by Southwest Film and Music Festival, the producer opened up what the singer has to offer for fans who are waiting for her new music.
"[The album] is cool. I think that she's just wrapping up the mixing and stuff. I was in New York on Thursday, before I came here, I was mixing down the last single for it," he said. "It's a record I did for her that's sort of ... you can't even [explain] what it would sound like."
"It's sort of like an Animal Collective/ gospel/ giant-drum record. And she's singing on it. I think you might expect some rap/club music, but nothing on there. It's more of a heavy record. All kinds of different sounds. We did, like, a punk thing. ... It's weird."
One of the songs Diplo produced for the album is called "Tell Me Why". He stated, "It's a big, kinda giant-sounding record. ... It sounds like some Wall of Sound, Motown kind of thing. It's just me and Switch producing the album, and Blaqstarr did a couple of tracks, too."
He furthermore spilled the beans that there will be no featured guests in the effort and that makes it different from other artists' work. "It's just her on it. She's got a good attitude about it. She's excited for people to hear it," he gushed.
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year