M.I.A. to Release a 'Weird' Album
M.I.A.'s upcoming studio album is discussed by Diplo. Talking to MTV at the recent South by Southwest Film and Music Festival, the producer opened up what the singer has to offer for fans who are waiting for her new music.
"[The album] is cool. I think that she's just wrapping up the mixing and stuff. I was in New York on Thursday, before I came here, I was mixing down the last single for it," he said. "It's a record I did for her that's sort of ... you can't even [explain] what it would sound like."
"It's sort of like an Animal Collective/ gospel/ giant-drum record. And she's singing on it. I think you might expect some rap/club music, but nothing on there. It's more of a heavy record. All kinds of different sounds. We did, like, a punk thing. ... It's weird."
One of the songs Diplo produced for the album is called "Tell Me Why". He stated, "It's a big, kinda giant-sounding record. ... It sounds like some Wall of Sound, Motown kind of thing. It's just me and Switch producing the album, and Blaqstarr did a couple of tracks, too."
He furthermore spilled the beans that there will be no featured guests in the effort and that makes it different from other artists' work. "It's just her on it. She's got a good attitude about it. She's excited for people to hear it," he gushed.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift