M.I.A. to Release a 'Weird' Album
M.I.A.'s upcoming studio album is discussed by Diplo. Talking to MTV at the recent South by Southwest Film and Music Festival, the producer opened up what the singer has to offer for fans who are waiting for her new music.
"[The album] is cool. I think that she's just wrapping up the mixing and stuff. I was in New York on Thursday, before I came here, I was mixing down the last single for it," he said. "It's a record I did for her that's sort of ... you can't even [explain] what it would sound like."
"It's sort of like an Animal Collective/ gospel/ giant-drum record. And she's singing on it. I think you might expect some rap/club music, but nothing on there. It's more of a heavy record. All kinds of different sounds. We did, like, a punk thing. ... It's weird."
One of the songs Diplo produced for the album is called "Tell Me Why". He stated, "It's a big, kinda giant-sounding record. ... It sounds like some Wall of Sound, Motown kind of thing. It's just me and Switch producing the album, and Blaqstarr did a couple of tracks, too."
He furthermore spilled the beans that there will be no featured guests in the effort and that makes it different from other artists' work. "It's just her on it. She's got a good attitude about it. She's excited for people to hear it," he gushed.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music