Sugababes Reportedly Kicked Out of Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Rumor has it, British all-girl group Sugababes have been dropped from Jay-Z's music publishing company Roc Nation. The report started to swirl on the net after the band's name no longer appears on the company's website.
There hasn't been any official confirmation regarding that matter. But, words on the street suggested the ax may have something to do with the lukewarm acceptance of the band's latest album "Sweet 7" which was supposed to be their first U.S. release.
Making its way out in the U.K. on March 15, the album could only peak at No. 14 on the country's Albums chart, becoming their lowest charting album. Worst of all, it was kicked out of Top 20 this week, dropping to No. 36 on the list.
Sugababes reportedly inked a deal with Roc Nation in April 2009 when Keisha Buchanan was still in the line-up. At that time, Jay-Z was said to be quite confident with the girls and signed them for three studio albums.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress