Sugababes Reportedly Kicked Out of Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Rumor has it, British all-girl group Sugababes have been dropped from Jay-Z's music publishing company Roc Nation. The report started to swirl on the net after the band's name no longer appears on the company's website.
There hasn't been any official confirmation regarding that matter. But, words on the street suggested the ax may have something to do with the lukewarm acceptance of the band's latest album "Sweet 7" which was supposed to be their first U.S. release.
Making its way out in the U.K. on March 15, the album could only peak at No. 14 on the country's Albums chart, becoming their lowest charting album. Worst of all, it was kicked out of Top 20 this week, dropping to No. 36 on the list.
Sugababes reportedly inked a deal with Roc Nation in April 2009 when Keisha Buchanan was still in the line-up. At that time, Jay-Z was said to be quite confident with the girls and signed them for three studio albums.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet