Sugababes Reportedly Kicked Out of Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Rumor has it, British all-girl group Sugababes have been dropped from Jay-Z's music publishing company Roc Nation. The report started to swirl on the net after the band's name no longer appears on the company's website.
There hasn't been any official confirmation regarding that matter. But, words on the street suggested the ax may have something to do with the lukewarm acceptance of the band's latest album "Sweet 7" which was supposed to be their first U.S. release.
Making its way out in the U.K. on March 15, the album could only peak at No. 14 on the country's Albums chart, becoming their lowest charting album. Worst of all, it was kicked out of Top 20 this week, dropping to No. 36 on the list.
Sugababes reportedly inked a deal with Roc Nation in April 2009 when Keisha Buchanan was still in the line-up. At that time, Jay-Z was said to be quite confident with the girls and signed them for three studio albums.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season