Sugababes Reportedly Kicked Out of Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Rumor has it, British all-girl group Sugababes have been dropped from Jay-Z's music publishing company Roc Nation. The report started to swirl on the net after the band's name no longer appears on the company's website.
There hasn't been any official confirmation regarding that matter. But, words on the street suggested the ax may have something to do with the lukewarm acceptance of the band's latest album "Sweet 7" which was supposed to be their first U.S. release.
Making its way out in the U.K. on March 15, the album could only peak at No. 14 on the country's Albums chart, becoming their lowest charting album. Worst of all, it was kicked out of Top 20 this week, dropping to No. 36 on the list.
Sugababes reportedly inked a deal with Roc Nation in April 2009 when Keisha Buchanan was still in the line-up. At that time, Jay-Z was said to be quite confident with the girls and signed them for three studio albums.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns