Sugababes Reportedly Kicked Out of Jay-Z's Roc Nation
Rumor has it, British all-girl group Sugababes have been dropped from Jay-Z's music publishing company Roc Nation. The report started to swirl on the net after the band's name no longer appears on the company's website.
There hasn't been any official confirmation regarding that matter. But, words on the street suggested the ax may have something to do with the lukewarm acceptance of the band's latest album "Sweet 7" which was supposed to be their first U.S. release.
Making its way out in the U.K. on March 15, the album could only peak at No. 14 on the country's Albums chart, becoming their lowest charting album. Worst of all, it was kicked out of Top 20 this week, dropping to No. 36 on the list.
Sugababes reportedly inked a deal with Roc Nation in April 2009 when Keisha Buchanan was still in the line-up. At that time, Jay-Z was said to be quite confident with the girls and signed them for three studio albums.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!