No Divorce Lawyer Quest for Sandra Bullock, Rep Insists
Sandra Bullock's representative has dismissed swirling report mentioning that the Oscar-winning actress is currently seeking for a divorce lawyer following her husband's infidelity scandal. "Neither she nor her representatives have contacted or shopped around for divorce lawyers," her rep told People.
Bullock's rep is not the only one who debunked the rumor as representative of Jesse James, the actress' husband, stated that the lawyer-hunt story is untrue. Moreover, Bullock's rep also took the chance to clear up internet report mentioning that on Sunday night, March 21, the 45-year-old beauty dined with producers to discuss about their new project, where Bullock will star as Meryl Streep's daughter, saying "The entire report is another piece of fiction."
The seeking-for-divorce-lawyer rumor first sparked after TMZ reported that Bullock's reps had been in touch with several high-end divorce lawyers, mentioning Lance Spiegel, the attorney who handled divorces for Charlie Sheen and Michael Jackson, as the strongest candidate. The site further affirmed the story with a source claiming that "something's happening" on whether or not a divorce petition would be filed.
Sandra Bullock and Jesse James' five-year marriage has been on the rocks after tattoo model Michelle McGee disclosed her 11-month affair with the TV mechanic while Bullock was on location shooting "The Blind Side". To In Touch magazine, McGee claimed, "I would never have hooked up with him if I thought he was a married man. He gave me the impression they were separated."
Following the affair scandal, Bullock's fellow artists, including Mo'Nique and Betty White, have offered their support for her. "To my sweet sister Sandra, my prayers are with you. My prayers are also with your husband, baby. That is between the two of you and I hope ya'll make it work," Mo'Nique said. Meanwhile, the 88-year-old actress admitted that she is "deeply saddened" for Bullock, saying "At such a high-point in her life, it's tough, but I think the less other people have to say about it and let her work it out, it is (for) the better."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series