Led Zeppelin Reject Reunion Offer at Download Festival
Since Led Zeppelin confirmed their break-up last year, many promoters tried to book them for a reunion on major music festivals, but failed. One of the offers turned down by the rockers is a headlining slot at this year's Download Festival.
"If I could get Led Zeppelin to play at Download, it would be phenomenal", the event's boss Andy Copping told Xfm about reuniting Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. "If that's no going to happen, I'm more than happy with what we've got."
"Every single festival in the world approaches Led Zeppelin or their management to get them to pay at their festival," he added. "Loads of money gets thrown out. It's not what they want to do at the moment and that's fine. They probably never will, but everyone has a stab at it."
Download music festival will be held for three days, starting June 11 at Donington Park in the United Kingdom. Lamb of God and We Are the Fallen are two of the musical guests scheduled to rock the event.
More Led Zeppelin News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage