'Wanted 2' Will Have New Characters to Replace Angelina Jolie
After claiming that "Wanted 2" is still happening although Angelina Jolie has left the project, Mark Millar has explained what filmmakers will do to cover the absence of the leading lady. Speaking to MTV at 2010 South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive, Film and Music Festival, the co-creator for "Wanted" comic book said there is a plan to introduce other fraternities of assassins.
"What they're talking about is just moving on with the story and doing it properly," he shared. "Just bringing in another cool character as this world opens up with all the different fraternities out there all across the world."
"They killed off the most recognizable character, but I thought it was great to do that," he further praised the filmmakers for the idea. Adding that this scoop is the latest update he heard from "Wanted 2" development, Millar noted, "This could change at any moment, but the last I heard two weeks ago, was that was the plan moving forward."
Asked if he wants to see a more faithful sequel to his original comic than the first film, Millar suggested that he has no problem with the issue. "The way I look at it is, Raymond Chandler has a brilliant quote about his adaptations where he said, 'No matter what they do to the movies, it doesn't change the book on my shelf'," he explained, borrowing the words from late novelist Chandler.
While Angelina Jolie will not appear in "Wanted 2", James McAvoy is still expected to reprise his role as Wesley. Director of "Wanted (2008)" Timur Bekmambetov is attached to helm the sequel, with "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" co-writer Evan Spiliotopoulos providing the script. Universal Pictures has not chosen a release date for the movie, but it is scheduled for 2012 release.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'