Janet Jackson's 'Why Did I Get Married Too?' Premiered in New York, Releasing New Clip
Lionsgate Films had a busy Monday as they held premieres for two of their movies on the same day. Beside "Kick-Ass" which had it's U.K. premiere, "Why Did I Get Married Too?" also had its red carpet event held on March 22. Not going overseas, the special screening for the comedy movie took place at the School of Visual Arts Theater in New York City.
Cheering up the night with her smile was Janet Jackson. The singer/actress, who reprises her role as Patrica in this "Why Did I Get Married?" sequel, looked beautiful in a dark blue satin blouse, matched with a black skirt. She came to the venue with the companion of her sister Rebbie Jackson.
Filmmaker Tyler Perry who also has a role in "Why Did I Get Married Too?" was seen appearing in a casual outfit. Some other cast members who were also seen hitting the red carpet that night included Jill Scott, Malik Yoba, Sharon Leal, Richard T. Jones, Tasha Smith as well as Michael Jai White. A number of celebrity guests, such as editor-at-large for "O, The Oprah Magazine" Gayle King, Ice-T and Nicole "Coco" Austin, were also pictured coming to the event.
Along with the New York premiere, "Why Did I Get Married Too?" has given another preview by debuting a new clip via MTV. Still following the couples during their holiday, the snippet highlights Patricia and friends discussing the relationship advice given in a book written by Patricia.
The film itself follows four close couples who share news about their lives and relationships during their annual one-week reunion in the Bahamas. With a problem which comes to Sheila, the others soon realize they too are not immune to the challenges of commitment and fidelity. It is scheduled to open wide in U.S. theaters starting April 2.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory