Christian Slater Does Comedy for FOX
Christian Slater refuses to give up TV as he has signed a new deal to star in the pilot by FOX. The actor who starred in two canceled series, NBC's "My Own Worst Enemy" and ABC's "The Forgotten", is now jumping into a not-yet-titled comedy written by Adam Goldberg.
The comedy is about a team of twenty-something geniuses who crack security systems, THR reported. Slater would be a "charismatic renegade" who runs the Titan Team, "a gruff ex-military misanthrope with a checkered past". Joining Slater in the cast ensemble is Trevor Moore who will play the team's womanizing intelligence and reconnaissance head.
Although he's known for serious projects, this is not Christian Slater's first foray into comedy. In 2006, the actor made a guest starring appearance on "My Name Is Earl" as a stoner who was robbed by Earl and Randy.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'