Bryan Singer May Not Direct 'X-Men: First Class' Due to Schedule Conflict
Rumor has it, Bryan Singer will not soon return to "X-Men" franchise. According to HitFix, although the helmer of "X-Men" and "X-Men 2" has announced that he is on board for "X-Men: First Class", he might not be able to tackle the job.
The site believes so because they have learned that 20th Century Fox is "actively" looking for directors to fill the position and has had discussions with at least two filmmakers during the last week. Those who have been approached by the studio are reportedly big names who "have real experience in the comic book movie medium or who have heavy credibility with fan audiences."
This report is quite disappointing as Singer recently had an interview with Los Angeles Times in which he dished on the details for "First Class". However, at that time the site did point out that the 44-year-old cannot go further with the casting as he is also attached to Warner Bros.' "Jack the Giant Killer".
HitFix later adds that Singer is already scouting location for the adventure movie and is set to start shooting in 2012. Fox, in the other hand, would not want to wait that long to start working on "First Class". Though so, there is still a possibility that the helmer will be involved in the upcoming "X-Men" film but only as a producer.
"X-Men: First Class" has hired Josh Schwartz to provide the script while Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg will produce the movie. No actor has been cast for the film which will highlight the relationship between Magneto and Professor X in addition to explaining the beginning of the school for mutants.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift