Fire Breaks Out on 'Deathly Hallows' Set
The shooting of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" has been ruined on Friday, March 19 when a fire occurred on the film set at Leavesden Film Studios near Watford, Herts in England. News Of The World reported that the huge blaze broke out while the crew shot the final battle scene at Hogwarts castle.
Watford firefighters were called at about 9 P.M. and six fire engines were brought to tackle the blaze. It took about forty minutes for the firefighters to control the flames, but the set, which is no other than the wizardry school, was left badly damaged.
"We were shooting the scenes where Hogwarts gets blown up during the battle. But fire managed to catch hold of the set and it went up in flames. It was completely out of control at one point," a source on set said. "There's always a risk when there's shooting involving fire and explosives but this shouldn't happen."
Detailing further about the cause of the fire, watch commander Tony Smith explained, "There is a big battle scene involving a lot of pyrotechnics and explosions. There is a mocked up castle made of timber, steel and plastic - somehow it caught alight."
There were about 100 crew on the location and some actors were still filming at the studio but none of the three lead stars, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, was involved. Luckily, no one was injured during the accident, but the special effects guys are reportedly devastated.
Serving as the latest installment of the franchise, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" will be split into two parts. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" is slated for November 19 release in both U.S. and U.K. while "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II" is due for July 15, 2011 release. Both movies will be made in 3-D.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song