Mariah Carey's 'Angels Advocate' Reportedly Shelved
There is a rumor circulating that Mariah Carey will not release a remix of "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" at all. The album titled "Angels Advocate" was supposed to be on sale on March 30 in the U.S. but That Grape Juice is reporting that the record has been shelved and that it is already official.
"Advocate" indeed was in the quiet zone in the last few weeks despite the approaching release date. CD Now which previously listed the album to hit the shelves later this month has changed the status to "Released Cancelled". Carey's camp however, has not responded to the report.
Released in September 2009, "Memoirs" could only peak at number 3 on Billboard Hot 200. Meanwhile, "Advocate" is to include tracks from the original album remixed by producers such as Timbaland, Jermaine Dupri, The-Dream, and Swizz Beatz among others. "Up Out My Face", the first single from the EP has been released last month, featuring the addition of Nicki Minaj's voice.
More Mariah Carey News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns