Lady GaGa Responds to Criticism Over 'Telephone' Music Video
Lady GaGa took it to 2Day FM's Kyle and Jackie O radio show to respond to negative comments concerning her latest controversial music video. The singer says that despite all those backlashes the Jonas Akerlund-directed clip is "groundbreaking."
"There are transsexual women and transgender women and suddenly it becomes poisonous and something else because there are some people in this world that believe being gay is a choice," she explained. "It's not a choice, we're born this way."
"That's why for me this video is groundbreaking because it has one foot in the art community and one foot in the commercial world," she added. "I told Beyonce this after it aired, you'll see this video is not just great now but six months from now what this video will mean."
"Hearing people say the video is sadomasochistic or that the video promotes murder for young people, it's my personal belief that the video is getting so much attention, not because of those themes because I've done those themes before, haven't I?" she stated before further noting on what makes people slamming the video. "I've done those themes in many of my videos but it's because it's with Beyonce and it's because there are so many homosexual themes."
More Lady GaGa News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'