Lady GaGa Responds to Criticism Over 'Telephone' Music Video
Lady GaGa took it to 2Day FM's Kyle and Jackie O radio show to respond to negative comments concerning her latest controversial music video. The singer says that despite all those backlashes the Jonas Akerlund-directed clip is "groundbreaking."
"There are transsexual women and transgender women and suddenly it becomes poisonous and something else because there are some people in this world that believe being gay is a choice," she explained. "It's not a choice, we're born this way."
"That's why for me this video is groundbreaking because it has one foot in the art community and one foot in the commercial world," she added. "I told Beyonce this after it aired, you'll see this video is not just great now but six months from now what this video will mean."
"Hearing people say the video is sadomasochistic or that the video promotes murder for young people, it's my personal belief that the video is getting so much attention, not because of those themes because I've done those themes before, haven't I?" she stated before further noting on what makes people slamming the video. "I've done those themes in many of my videos but it's because it's with Beyonce and it's because there are so many homosexual themes."
More Lady GaGa News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage