Sci-fi Action 'Tekken' Unleashes New Promo Trailer
A brand new promo trailer has been released to share some scenes from "Tekken", a movie adaptation of popular fighting game series with the same name. Opened with a preview of armies in all-black uniforms shooting some people, the video then jumps to show the battle in the ring. The lead character Jin Kazama who is training his fighting skill is also highlighted in the video.
In 2039, after World Wars destroy much of civilization, territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations the mightiest of which is Tekken. In order to keep the masses down, Tekken sponsors the Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth.
Street fighter Kazama joins the tournament to seek revenge of his mother's death that he blames upon Tekken's powerful and controlling Chairman, Heihachi Mishima. While he tries to get close enough to Mishima by winning the tournament, Kazama begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.
"Tekken" has Jon Foo leading with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa playing Heihachi Mishima. Some other actors among the cast are Luke Goss and Gary Daniels. Directed by Dwight H. Little, this martial arts film still has no exact release date in the U.S. but is expected to come out within this year.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress