'Glee' NOT Adapted Into Stage Production
Although it looked convincing with the confirmation and all, the report about "Glee" being adapted into a stage production is false. A representative from 20th Century Fox TV which produces the musical show has denied that there's any discussion between them and Music Theater Intl. (MTI).
"We are very careful and deliberate when contemplating brand extensions of our franchises," the studio's spokesman Chris Alexander said, "and are mystified why Music Theater Intl would claim there have been any such discussions about a live theatrical version of 'Glee'." For a fact, MTI confirmed on Thursday, March 18 that there were talks, adding that they were still in early stages of development.
No Broadway-like production taking place, the cast of "Glee" will still play the stage in a national tour launching this May. Featuring musical numbers from the hit series, the live tour will first visit Phoenix, Arizona on May 18. The show itself returns to FOX on April 13.
More Glee News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'