'Glee' NOT Adapted Into Stage Production
Although it looked convincing with the confirmation and all, the report about "Glee" being adapted into a stage production is false. A representative from 20th Century Fox TV which produces the musical show has denied that there's any discussion between them and Music Theater Intl. (MTI).
"We are very careful and deliberate when contemplating brand extensions of our franchises," the studio's spokesman Chris Alexander said, "and are mystified why Music Theater Intl would claim there have been any such discussions about a live theatrical version of 'Glee'." For a fact, MTI confirmed on Thursday, March 18 that there were talks, adding that they were still in early stages of development.
No Broadway-like production taking place, the cast of "Glee" will still play the stage in a national tour launching this May. Featuring musical numbers from the hit series, the live tour will first visit Phoenix, Arizona on May 18. The show itself returns to FOX on April 13.
More Glee News
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money