'Glee' NOT Adapted Into Stage Production
Although it looked convincing with the confirmation and all, the report about "Glee" being adapted into a stage production is false. A representative from 20th Century Fox TV which produces the musical show has denied that there's any discussion between them and Music Theater Intl. (MTI).
"We are very careful and deliberate when contemplating brand extensions of our franchises," the studio's spokesman Chris Alexander said, "and are mystified why Music Theater Intl would claim there have been any such discussions about a live theatrical version of 'Glee'." For a fact, MTI confirmed on Thursday, March 18 that there were talks, adding that they were still in early stages of development.
No Broadway-like production taking place, the cast of "Glee" will still play the stage in a national tour launching this May. Featuring musical numbers from the hit series, the live tour will first visit Phoenix, Arizona on May 18. The show itself returns to FOX on April 13.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season