'Glee' NOT Adapted Into Stage Production
Although it looked convincing with the confirmation and all, the report about "Glee" being adapted into a stage production is false. A representative from 20th Century Fox TV which produces the musical show has denied that there's any discussion between them and Music Theater Intl. (MTI).
"We are very careful and deliberate when contemplating brand extensions of our franchises," the studio's spokesman Chris Alexander said, "and are mystified why Music Theater Intl would claim there have been any such discussions about a live theatrical version of 'Glee'." For a fact, MTI confirmed on Thursday, March 18 that there were talks, adding that they were still in early stages of development.
No Broadway-like production taking place, the cast of "Glee" will still play the stage in a national tour launching this May. Featuring musical numbers from the hit series, the live tour will first visit Phoenix, Arizona on May 18. The show itself returns to FOX on April 13.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie