'Glee' NOT Adapted Into Stage Production
Although it looked convincing with the confirmation and all, the report about "Glee" being adapted into a stage production is false. A representative from 20th Century Fox TV which produces the musical show has denied that there's any discussion between them and Music Theater Intl. (MTI).
"We are very careful and deliberate when contemplating brand extensions of our franchises," the studio's spokesman Chris Alexander said, "and are mystified why Music Theater Intl would claim there have been any such discussions about a live theatrical version of 'Glee'." For a fact, MTI confirmed on Thursday, March 18 that there were talks, adding that they were still in early stages of development.
No Broadway-like production taking place, the cast of "Glee" will still play the stage in a national tour launching this May. Featuring musical numbers from the hit series, the live tour will first visit Phoenix, Arizona on May 18. The show itself returns to FOX on April 13.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!