Penelope Cruz Is Jack Sparrow's New Love Interest in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4'
Penelope Cruz's role in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" has been unveiled. Met by MTV at 2010 ShoWest in Las Vegas, Nevada, executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer has shared details of the character that will be tackled by the 35-year-old beauty.
"She plays the daughter of Blackbeard. She's the daughter of the bad guy," Bruckheimer revealed. While previous report mentioned that her character will be Captain Jack Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways, the filmmaker added, "She brings a lot of humor to it. And the fact that she's so feisty."
It seems that thing will be a little bit complicated for Cruz's character since she will have a flirt with her father's enemy, who is no other than Johnny Depp's Sparrow, as Bruckheimer has stated there will be "a little romance between Captain Jack and the character that Penelope plays."
During the interview, Bruckheimer has also confirmed that Geoffrey Rush, who has expressed his interest to reprise his role of Barbossa, will indeed return to the fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" film. The filmmaker additionally promised a fresh thing for the movie, telling MTV "We're going to take a whole new direction."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" will pick up the story where it ended in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" with Captain Jack Sparrow embarking on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth. Ian McShane has been chosen to play the villain, Blackbeard, while Rob Marshall is on board to direct the upcoming movie, which is expected to start shooting in Hawaii this summer for May 20, 2011 release date in the U.S.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs