Drake Still Hopes to Duet With Sade for Future Collaboration
Drake has no hard feeling when learning that Sade's frontwoman refused to collaborate with him because she avoids to work outside her safety zone. "That's great. Her brand is always protected. That's why," the Canadian rapper told MTV.
"Other people's visuals, other people's songs, stepping outside your zone can jeopardize your brand. It can bring you down as opposed to bring you up. I personally feel we could have done something amazing," he continued before adding that he is still hopeful to make a duet with her one day. "But I don't think she really knows who I am, really, my genre of music. I put it out there. It was more of a hopeful thing. It was a very early stage where I was at when I said that I was hoping. One day. Maybe after this album [Thank Me Later] comes out."
"I'm very influenced by her. She does something that I do. She doesn't do too much with harmonies, and she keeps her vocals very clean. Single vocals. Haunting melodies. I'm influenced by her a lot. One day."
In another news, Drake's upcoming music video for his single "Over" was discussed by Anthony Mandler in an interview with Rap-Up. The director spoke about the concept, saying "I can tell you that it's not gonna be what you expect. Drake and I were very conscious about trying to push the limits and trying to push things forward. He came to me because he wanted to throw away the conventions of a medium, and take chances and be daring and take certain themes that are relevant to him and try to visualize them in not the obvious way."
"Over" is the lead single from "Thank Me Later" which is scheduled to be released later this year. Of the upcoming music video, the rapper said, "This is my first attempt to establish myself as Drake the artist."
More Drake News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed