Miley Cyrus: I Would Do That Pole Dance Again
It's almost a year since Miley Cyrus did a controversial performance at 2009 Teen Choice Awards by standing atop ice cream cart and squatting around a pole placed at the center of the cart. But, the Disney songstress didn't confirm that what she did at the event was a pole dance until now.
In an interview with Parade magazine's March issue, she defended her stage act, "My job first is to entertain and do what I love, and if you don't like it, then change the channel." She added, "I'm not forcing you to watch me. I'm not forcing you to talk about me. I would do that pole dance a thousand times again, because it was right for the song and that performance."
"But, dude, if you think dancing on top of an ice-cream cart with a pole is bad, then go check what 90% of the high schoolers are really up to. It's funny. I don't know if a lot of parents remember what they were like as kids. But I'm like, 'Dude, as if you were an angel!'."
When many people blasted her shortly after the TCAs was aired, her father Billy Ray Cyrus who plays along with her in "Hannah Montana" came to her defense. The country music singer said the performance was just something his daughter did to entertain people. "I always tell her to love what you're doing and not worry so much about opinion. I give my kids a lot of freedom. I think it's important," he stated.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding