Bryan Singer Talks Details of 'First Class', Wanting to Return to 'X-Men 4'
Bryan Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner recently sat down with Los Angeles Times to talk about the future of "X-Men" franchise. As Singer has confirmed that he will direct "X-Men: First Class", he was willing to reveal what will be included in the film, beside the already-known key point of the relationship between Magneto and Professor X.
Singer said "First Class" will explain the beginning of the school for mutants and it will have younger incarnations of some characters with new actors in roles of Cyclops, Jean Grey, the Beast and many others. Though so, he could not give an answer when asked whether or not Hugh Jackman will appear as Wolverine in this "X-Men" spin-off.
During the interview with LA Times, it was also known that Donner, who produces a number of films from "X-Men" franchise, has offered Singer to work on "Wolverine 2" which is planned to start shooting in Japan in early 2011. But since he has already been attached to direct Warner Bros.' "Jack the Giant Killer" in addition to the "First Class", he could only say, "I wish I could be four people. I could make everybody happy."
While it is likely that Singer will miss the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", the 44-year-old filmmaker admitted that he eyes "X-Men 4". "Hold that one off for just a little, I'm fixated on the other one right now," he told Donner when she began to talk about the follow-up to 2006 "X-Men: The Last Stand", which was then replied by her "I will, I will ... I'm holding it open with high hopes. It's totally different [from 'First Class'] and it will be so interesting for you."
"X-Men: First Class" has tapped Josh Schwartz to pen the script but no actor has been cast to play major characters Magneto and Professor X. Meanwhile, "Wolverine 2" will have Hugh Jackman reprising his role of the title character with Christopher McQuarrie providing the screenplay, but no helmer is on board for the project which eyes 2012 release.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences