Bryan Singer Talks Details of 'First Class', Wanting to Return to 'X-Men 4'
Bryan Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner recently sat down with Los Angeles Times to talk about the future of "X-Men" franchise. As Singer has confirmed that he will direct "X-Men: First Class", he was willing to reveal what will be included in the film, beside the already-known key point of the relationship between Magneto and Professor X.
Singer said "First Class" will explain the beginning of the school for mutants and it will have younger incarnations of some characters with new actors in roles of Cyclops, Jean Grey, the Beast and many others. Though so, he could not give an answer when asked whether or not Hugh Jackman will appear as Wolverine in this "X-Men" spin-off.
During the interview with LA Times, it was also known that Donner, who produces a number of films from "X-Men" franchise, has offered Singer to work on "Wolverine 2" which is planned to start shooting in Japan in early 2011. But since he has already been attached to direct Warner Bros.' "Jack the Giant Killer" in addition to the "First Class", he could only say, "I wish I could be four people. I could make everybody happy."
While it is likely that Singer will miss the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", the 44-year-old filmmaker admitted that he eyes "X-Men 4". "Hold that one off for just a little, I'm fixated on the other one right now," he told Donner when she began to talk about the follow-up to 2006 "X-Men: The Last Stand", which was then replied by her "I will, I will ... I'm holding it open with high hopes. It's totally different [from 'First Class'] and it will be so interesting for you."
"X-Men: First Class" has tapped Josh Schwartz to pen the script but no actor has been cast to play major characters Magneto and Professor X. Meanwhile, "Wolverine 2" will have Hugh Jackman reprising his role of the title character with Christopher McQuarrie providing the screenplay, but no helmer is on board for the project which eyes 2012 release.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'