Bryan Singer Talks Details of 'First Class', Wanting to Return to 'X-Men 4'
Bryan Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner recently sat down with Los Angeles Times to talk about the future of "X-Men" franchise. As Singer has confirmed that he will direct "X-Men: First Class", he was willing to reveal what will be included in the film, beside the already-known key point of the relationship between Magneto and Professor X.
Singer said "First Class" will explain the beginning of the school for mutants and it will have younger incarnations of some characters with new actors in roles of Cyclops, Jean Grey, the Beast and many others. Though so, he could not give an answer when asked whether or not Hugh Jackman will appear as Wolverine in this "X-Men" spin-off.
During the interview with LA Times, it was also known that Donner, who produces a number of films from "X-Men" franchise, has offered Singer to work on "Wolverine 2" which is planned to start shooting in Japan in early 2011. But since he has already been attached to direct Warner Bros.' "Jack the Giant Killer" in addition to the "First Class", he could only say, "I wish I could be four people. I could make everybody happy."
While it is likely that Singer will miss the sequel to "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", the 44-year-old filmmaker admitted that he eyes "X-Men 4". "Hold that one off for just a little, I'm fixated on the other one right now," he told Donner when she began to talk about the follow-up to 2006 "X-Men: The Last Stand", which was then replied by her "I will, I will ... I'm holding it open with high hopes. It's totally different [from 'First Class'] and it will be so interesting for you."
"X-Men: First Class" has tapped Josh Schwartz to pen the script but no actor has been cast to play major characters Magneto and Professor X. Meanwhile, "Wolverine 2" will have Hugh Jackman reprising his role of the title character with Christopher McQuarrie providing the screenplay, but no helmer is on board for the project which eyes 2012 release.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?