Video: Nas and Damian Marley Rocking SXSW Festival
Footage from the on-going South by Southwest Film and Music Festival has hit the web, providing fans with the look inside the festivity. Performers who are captured on cameras making their live performances at the gig are Nas and Damian Marley.
The two musicians shared the stage at Emo's, performing just after midnight on Wednesday, March 17. They delivered "Strong Will Continue", a song from their joint album "Distant Relatives". In addition, Nas also treated fans with his singles "Nas I Like" and "Made You Look".
Earlier that night, Spoon and Broken Bells rocked the Stubb's. "Vaporize" and "The High Road" were some songs performed by the band consisting of Gnarls Barkley's Danger Mouse and The Shins' James Mercer. Meanwhile, the Spoon closed the intimate show with "Written In Reverse", "Don't Make Me a Target" and "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" among others.
Another performer Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings managed to go green to bring the spirit of St. Patrick's Day to the festival. They performed songs like "100 Days, 100 Nights", "If I Give You My Love", "When the Saints Go Marching In" and "This Land is Your Land".
Beside featuring intimate concerts from acclaimed musicians, the SXSW Festival also hosted a fundraising event for the Health Alliance for Austin Musicians. The gig featured country music singers such as Ray Benson, Patsy Cline, Ray Price, The Everly Brothers, Radney Foster on Bob Wills and many more.
A tribute to late musician Alex Chilton will also be held on Saturday, March 20 by the organizers. They are going to conduct a discussion panel about his band Big Star which will then be followed by performances dedicated to him.
More Nas News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed