Rep: Sam Mendes Cheating on Kate Winslet Is Ridiculous
Sam Mendes, who recently ended his seven years of marriage with Kate Winslet, has ruled out report suggesting that he has a fling with British actress Rebecca Hall. Sam's representative, Simon Hall, cleared up the story by calling it "ridiculous", as quoted by E! Online.
"Utter nonsense," the rep insisted. He later called the rumor "untrue and ridiculous". A source close to the 44-year-old director also claimed that there is no romantic relationship going on between the two, saying "Sam and Rebecca are good friends, of course they are, they have spent the better part of a year working together on the 'Bridge Project'. But to insinuate that there is anything further in the friendship is taking it too far."
The affair allegation first swirled after a source close to Kate opened up that the "Revolutionary Road" actress was bothered by Sam who got closer to Rebecca after working with the helmer in two of his projects. The source told the site, "When Kate found out that Sam had grown close to Rebecca she was upset. Rebecca is totally Sam's type - a thespian mix of brains and beauty."
Kate herself is currently spending holiday in Puerto Vallerta in Mexico with her 6-year-old son Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes and 9-year-old daughter, Mia Honey Threapleton. They are accompanied by her brother Joss Winslet and her longtime friend Emma Thompson.
Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes confirmed their separation through a statement released by London-based Schillings law firm, on March 15. "Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year. The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement," the statement read. "Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children. They ask that the media respect the privacy of the family."
More Kate Winslet News
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party