Fans Shut Down Shooting for Angelina Jolie's 'The Tourist'
The collaboration of Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp has drawn great attention from their fans. On Wednesday, March 17, the shooting for their film "The Tourist" in Venice, Italy was shut down because too many people showed up to get pictures of the stars.
According to TMZ, the "fandemonium was too overwhelming for security", so the production was wrapped earlier for the sake of everyone's safety. In some pictures taken from the location, Jolie and Depp were seen stepping out from a boat and waving to their fans before leaving the set.
As of the press time, a representative for the film has not released any statement to confirm or deny the story. The production, which was kicked off in Venice on February 23, is scheduled to last until the end of May.
In another news, "The Tourist" will get Studio Canal's biggest release. The studio plans to premiere the movie on between 1,500 to 2,000 screens across Europe. "It's the first movie Studio Canal will go day-and-date across all three territories where it has operations, France, Germany and the U.K," so Deadline Hollywood reported. The film is yet to set specific date, but it will be released as soon as Christmas this year.
In the remake of 2005 French film entitled "Anthony Zimmer", Angelina Jolie plays an Interpol agent who locates a criminal with whom she once had an affair. Johnny Depp, in the meantime, is an American tourist who is used by the female Interpol agent as a dupe to reach her goal. This thriller has Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck serving behind the lens.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media