Fans Shut Down Shooting for Angelina Jolie's 'The Tourist'
The collaboration of Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp has drawn great attention from their fans. On Wednesday, March 17, the shooting for their film "The Tourist" in Venice, Italy was shut down because too many people showed up to get pictures of the stars.
According to TMZ, the "fandemonium was too overwhelming for security", so the production was wrapped earlier for the sake of everyone's safety. In some pictures taken from the location, Jolie and Depp were seen stepping out from a boat and waving to their fans before leaving the set.
As of the press time, a representative for the film has not released any statement to confirm or deny the story. The production, which was kicked off in Venice on February 23, is scheduled to last until the end of May.
In another news, "The Tourist" will get Studio Canal's biggest release. The studio plans to premiere the movie on between 1,500 to 2,000 screens across Europe. "It's the first movie Studio Canal will go day-and-date across all three territories where it has operations, France, Germany and the U.K," so Deadline Hollywood reported. The film is yet to set specific date, but it will be released as soon as Christmas this year.
In the remake of 2005 French film entitled "Anthony Zimmer", Angelina Jolie plays an Interpol agent who locates a criminal with whom she once had an affair. Johnny Depp, in the meantime, is an American tourist who is used by the female Interpol agent as a dupe to reach her goal. This thriller has Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck serving behind the lens.
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise