Usher's 'Lil Freak' Music Video Has 'Freaky' Element Like 'Saw' Movies
While shooting her own video for single "Massive Attack" in Lancaster, California, Nicki Minaj opted to talk about another video which she previously filmed with Usher for his song "Lil Freak". The female rapper opened to MTV, "The video is freaky. And it's a great concept, a great story line."
"It felt just like one of the sequels to 'Saw'," the female rapper continued her explanation. "It was dope." The music video is directed by TAJ and was filmed in Los Angeles.
In addition to shooting "Lil Freak" video with the Young Money rapper, Usher has also another video in the editing room. This time round, he films it for his single "OMG", works with Anthony Mandler and recruits Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am to make a cameo in this video.
"Let's just say that the video is a spectacle," the director told Rap-Up. "It really emphasizes what we love about Usher and the character and the icon that he is, and most importantly, it's really a video that showcases his superstardom."
Both "Lil Freak" and "OMG" are taken from Usher's March 30 release "Raymond vs. Raymond".
More Usher News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group