'Ghostbusters 3': Ivan Reitman May Be Kicked Out for Younger Director
Since talks about "Ghostbusters 3" began, all signs indicated that Ivan Reitman will return to the helming position. Now that he has signed on for the said position, there are words that Columbia Pictures does not want him to be involved in the film because they want younger crew, including the director. This reportedly brings a threat to the development of the movie since Reitman, in a way, has a power to scrap the project if there is anything he does not like.
According to New York Magazine, Reitman and three original principals of the franchise, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis, have a deal which mentions that "if any of the four of them don't like any element of a new 'Ghostbusters', they can singlehandedly veto and kill the project", which means "it has to be unanimously approved before going forward."
"Those deals were made in the eighties," one insider says about the contract. "So his rights in this circumstance have a great deal of teeth." Thus, Reitman's consent is needed before Columbia and Sony can go on with the project.
Reitman is now already hired for "Friends With Benefits". This gives hope to Sony that the problem will be solved as the helmer will be busy with another project. However, it is likely that the 63-year-old filmmaker will not skip the third "Ghostbusters" film since an insider tells New York Magazine that Reitman thinks he still can do both comedies.
Aside from the directing job, Ivan Reitman is also on board to produce "Ghostbusters 3". Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson are among those who have been mentioned on the cast ensemble while the official storyline is still kept under wraps.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3