Lacey Brown Axed From 'American Idol' Season 9
Lacey Brown was the first contestant to walk out of "American Idol" Top 12 this season. The 24-year-old from Amarillo, Texas stumbled on The Rolling Stones night when she failed to deliver an impressive version of "Ruby Tuesday". Ellen DeGeneres called it "sleepy" while Simon Cowell said she over thought things.
Joining Lacey in the bottom three were Paige Miles and Tim Urban. Despite being slashed and burnt by the judges on the performance night, Tim was the first that Ryan Seacrest declared safe from the ax. It was then between Lacey and Paige. The latter proved to have more devotees and Lacey was thus eliminated.
The judges actually have the power to save Lacey from elimination but they chose not to. They only got one chance of using "Judges' Save" before the Top 5 as long as their vote is unanimous.
Season 7 winner David Cook became the musical guest on the elimination night. He rocked out a rendition of Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash". There were also Australian singer Orianthi whose single "According to You" is climbing up the U.S. chart and Ke$ha who sang "Blah Blah Blah".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked