Lacey Brown Axed From 'American Idol' Season 9
Lacey Brown was the first contestant to walk out of "American Idol" Top 12 this season. The 24-year-old from Amarillo, Texas stumbled on The Rolling Stones night when she failed to deliver an impressive version of "Ruby Tuesday". Ellen DeGeneres called it "sleepy" while Simon Cowell said she over thought things.
Joining Lacey in the bottom three were Paige Miles and Tim Urban. Despite being slashed and burnt by the judges on the performance night, Tim was the first that Ryan Seacrest declared safe from the ax. It was then between Lacey and Paige. The latter proved to have more devotees and Lacey was thus eliminated.
The judges actually have the power to save Lacey from elimination but they chose not to. They only got one chance of using "Judges' Save" before the Top 5 as long as their vote is unanimous.
Season 7 winner David Cook became the musical guest on the elimination night. He rocked out a rendition of Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash". There were also Australian singer Orianthi whose single "According to You" is climbing up the U.S. chart and Ke$ha who sang "Blah Blah Blah".
More American Idol News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake