Lacey Brown Axed From 'American Idol' Season 9
Lacey Brown was the first contestant to walk out of "American Idol" Top 12 this season. The 24-year-old from Amarillo, Texas stumbled on The Rolling Stones night when she failed to deliver an impressive version of "Ruby Tuesday". Ellen DeGeneres called it "sleepy" while Simon Cowell said she over thought things.
Joining Lacey in the bottom three were Paige Miles and Tim Urban. Despite being slashed and burnt by the judges on the performance night, Tim was the first that Ryan Seacrest declared safe from the ax. It was then between Lacey and Paige. The latter proved to have more devotees and Lacey was thus eliminated.
The judges actually have the power to save Lacey from elimination but they chose not to. They only got one chance of using "Judges' Save" before the Top 5 as long as their vote is unanimous.
Season 7 winner David Cook became the musical guest on the elimination night. He rocked out a rendition of Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash". There were also Australian singer Orianthi whose single "According to You" is climbing up the U.S. chart and Ke$ha who sang "Blah Blah Blah".
More American Idol News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince