Lacey Brown Axed From 'American Idol' Season 9
Lacey Brown was the first contestant to walk out of "American Idol" Top 12 this season. The 24-year-old from Amarillo, Texas stumbled on The Rolling Stones night when she failed to deliver an impressive version of "Ruby Tuesday". Ellen DeGeneres called it "sleepy" while Simon Cowell said she over thought things.
Joining Lacey in the bottom three were Paige Miles and Tim Urban. Despite being slashed and burnt by the judges on the performance night, Tim was the first that Ryan Seacrest declared safe from the ax. It was then between Lacey and Paige. The latter proved to have more devotees and Lacey was thus eliminated.
The judges actually have the power to save Lacey from elimination but they chose not to. They only got one chance of using "Judges' Save" before the Top 5 as long as their vote is unanimous.
Season 7 winner David Cook became the musical guest on the elimination night. He rocked out a rendition of Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash". There were also Australian singer Orianthi whose single "According to You" is climbing up the U.S. chart and Ke$ha who sang "Blah Blah Blah".
More American Idol News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell