Lacey Brown Axed From 'American Idol' Season 9
Lacey Brown was the first contestant to walk out of "American Idol" Top 12 this season. The 24-year-old from Amarillo, Texas stumbled on The Rolling Stones night when she failed to deliver an impressive version of "Ruby Tuesday". Ellen DeGeneres called it "sleepy" while Simon Cowell said she over thought things.
Joining Lacey in the bottom three were Paige Miles and Tim Urban. Despite being slashed and burnt by the judges on the performance night, Tim was the first that Ryan Seacrest declared safe from the ax. It was then between Lacey and Paige. The latter proved to have more devotees and Lacey was thus eliminated.
The judges actually have the power to save Lacey from elimination but they chose not to. They only got one chance of using "Judges' Save" before the Top 5 as long as their vote is unanimous.
Season 7 winner David Cook became the musical guest on the elimination night. He rocked out a rendition of Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash". There were also Australian singer Orianthi whose single "According to You" is climbing up the U.S. chart and Ke$ha who sang "Blah Blah Blah".
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?