Dixie Chicks Duo to Debut Court Yard Hounds at SXSW Fest
While Dixie Chicks are set to make a comeback tour this summer with Eagles and Keith Urban, their splinter group Court Yard Hounds, which consist of duo Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, are going to make their debut at the on-going South by Southwest Film and Music Festival. They will perform this coming Thursday, March 18 at the intimate club Antone's.
"It's turned into such a great springboard for music and so many influential people come and listen to music," Emily told Associated Press. "You're looking them in the eyeballs, and you're in the trenches, which we feel like we've returned to the trenches somewhat to launch this new band."
Texas actually is where the two musicians live and they are glad to perform in the state. "It feels really comfortable having the first one where I live, in a club where I go hear bands," Emily said. "So many times I've gone to hear bands and thought, 'Oh, I can't wait to be on that stage'."
Beside Court Yard Hounds, another band planning to make their SXSW debut is Broken Bells. The new group formed by Gnarls Barkley's Brian "Danger Mouse" Burton and The Shins' James Mercer will perform for two days; on March 17 at Stubbs BBQ and two days later at Lustre Pearl.
Other performers at the SXSW Festival which will run until March 21 include Spoon, Stone Temple Pilots, Estelle, Fall Out Boy's Patrick Stump, Smokey Robinson and many more.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?