Akiva Goldsman On Board for 'Paranormal Activity 2', But Not Directing
"Paranormal Activity 2" has not tapped any director to work on the project. Soon after Shock Till You Drop reported that Akiva Goldsman is close to tackle the helming duty, Deadline Howllywood has come out with the denial.
Deadline mentions Goldsman indeed joins the "Paranormal Activity" sequel, but not as a director. Instead, the "Mr and Mrs Smith" producer will serve as an executive producer for the upcoming movie. Though so, the site notes that Paramount Pictures will soon choose a director as the film is getting close to its May production start.
The helming position for "Paranormal Activity 2" becomes an empty post after Kevin Greutert decided to leave the project to do "Saw VII". Several names who were also suggested to direct the follow-up to the 2009 movie include Greg McLean, Brad Anderson and Brian De Palma.
Following the success of "Paranormal Activity", Paramount Pictures has announced to develop the sequel with Oren Peli, the director of the first film, joining the producing team alongside Jason Blum and Steven Schneider. Michael R. Perry has been picked up to pen the script for this upcoming horror film.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates