First Pictures of Ryan Reynolds on the Set of 'Green Lantern'
As it has been scheduled, "Green Lantern" kicked off production on Monday, March 15 in New Orleans and Ryan Reynolds apparently was the first actor who filmed his scene that day. In the pictures posted on The Green Lantern Corps Message Board, the star was seen filming his part at a bar called Old Point Bar which was renamed Broome's Bar.
During the shooting, the depicter of the titular character was not seen donning his Green Lantern costume but sporting a casual outfit. He additionally was snapped wearing a ring, which is believed to be the ring which has the great power given by Abin Sur, on the middle finger of his right hand.
"Green Lantern" will revolve around Hal Jordan, a second-generation test pilot who was given the power ring and battery (lantern) by a dying alien named Abin Sur. Ryan Reynolds will battle Mark Strong as the 47-year-old has been confirmed to be Green Lantern's enemy, Sinestro. The film is planned to be dropped by Columbia Pictures in U.S. theaters on June 17, 2011.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel