Sneak Peek to Drake's 'Over' Music Video
Drake's upcoming music video for his new single "Over" has been teased through an on-set clip. It features the Canadian rapper wearing white sneakers and donning a red jacket on top of a white T-shirt, rapping to the camera in front of white backdrop.
"This is my first video," he told MTV. "I've shot a lot of videos before, but this is my first attempt to establish myself as Drake the artist. Shooting the other videos I've done has been great. I really don't care what other people think about them, they were great experiences for me. I've learned a lot from them. Today, I'm shooting with somebody I really look up to and respect."
The video is directed by Anthony Mandler. "We talked colors, we talked epic, emotion-evoking visuals," he shared to fans. "The story is actually interesting. The song is so aggressive, and it's sort of a love story in the video. It has a lot to do with the album [Thank Me Later]."
"The album is about finding love, feeling 'Have I sold my soul' as far as 'Will I ever be able to gain the trust of a woman? Will I only be able to be around the dark, evil women? Will I ever find that pure love?' Those elements are in the video. I look strong, I feel great, my knee's feeling great. I'm jumping around, doing all kinds of stuff."
Drake once fell down during a duet performance with Lil Wayne for single "Best I Ever Had" in a Young Money concert. He tried to do a spin move during the set, but his already-injured knee was accidentally twisted and that made him collapse on-stage.
"Thank Me Later" is scheduled to be released later this year. "This record sums up where I am right now in my career. I think it's a great first impression. The album is going to be a great body of work for you to get lost in. Right now I just wanna have some fun. When we're out partying, I want people to have some fun too, because this is the one," he stated in previous interview.
More Drake News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?