Confirmed, Ryan Phillippe Joins 'Captain America' Audition
Marvel Studios still give a chance for actor who wants to play Captain America since no one has been cast for the part. The latest guy who eyes the lead role in "The First Avenger: Captain America" is Ryan Phillippe.
Met at 2010 South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive, Film and Music Festival on Monday, March 15, he confirmed that he is set to join the audition. "[I] actually am going in to meet on 'Captain America,' which is kind of cool," the 35-year-old told MTV. "After Superman, he was kind of my favorite."
Following his confession, Phillippe is added to the list of contenders to be the depicter of the superhero. Other stars who are reportedly still on the run for the part include Chris Evans, Garrett Hedlund and Mike Vogel.
"The First Avenger: Captain America" will center its story on Steve Rogers military service washout who volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America and tries to fit in his new image. Joe Johnston is slated to direct the movie which is set for July 22, 2011 release, while Hugo Weaving was recently rumored to have been cast to be the movie villain, Red Skull.
Ryan Phillippe gains people's attention after appearing in a string of films, such as "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "Cruel Intentions". He also has a part in 2005 Academy Award-winning film "Crash". His acting can be seen soon in "MacGruber" which will be released in the U.S. on May 21.
UPDATE: Deadline Hollywood gets another scoop regarding "The First Avenger: Captain America" audition. According to the site, Channing Tatum is also on the run for the lead role as he has been approached by Marvel Studios. Meanwhile, Keira Knightley, Alice Eve and Emily Blunt are currently under consideration to be the leading lady.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'