'Green Lantern' Finds His Best Friend and Abin Sur
Taika Waititi and Temuera Morrison come in time to fill the vacant slots in "Green Lantern". Just a day before the film kicks off principal photography, The Hollywood Reporter (THR) gets casting information which mentions that the two New Zealand-born stars have joined the cast ensemble for the movie.
Waititi, is chosen to portray the best friend of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. As for Morrison, he is set to be the depicter of Abin Sur, a member of the Corps who is instrumental in Jordan becoming the superhero, so THR reports.
Actor and filmmaker Taika Waititi is best known for his work in directing and writing "Two Cars, One Night" which earned him an Oscar nomination in 2005. He recently helmed indie film "Boy" which will be released on March 23.
Temuera Morrison, in the meantime, is famous for his role as bounty hunter Jango Fett in "Star Wars" movie series. He has just wrapped production for New Zealand-made thriller "Tracker" in which he stars alongside Ray Winstone.
"Green Lantern" is set to roll cameras for shooting on Monday, March 15 in New Orleans. According to a source, the movie will film a bar scene at the Old Point Bar, 545 Patterson Drive. Ryan Reynolds is cast as the titular character, while Mark Strong is confirmed as the villain, Sinestro. Martin Campbell is hired to serve behind the lens.
The film revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man who was chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Warner Bros. Pictures eyes June 17, 2011 U.S. release for this action film.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'