'Green Lantern' Finds His Best Friend and Abin Sur
Taika Waititi and Temuera Morrison come in time to fill the vacant slots in "Green Lantern". Just a day before the film kicks off principal photography, The Hollywood Reporter (THR) gets casting information which mentions that the two New Zealand-born stars have joined the cast ensemble for the movie.
Waititi, is chosen to portray the best friend of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. As for Morrison, he is set to be the depicter of Abin Sur, a member of the Corps who is instrumental in Jordan becoming the superhero, so THR reports.
Actor and filmmaker Taika Waititi is best known for his work in directing and writing "Two Cars, One Night" which earned him an Oscar nomination in 2005. He recently helmed indie film "Boy" which will be released on March 23.
Temuera Morrison, in the meantime, is famous for his role as bounty hunter Jango Fett in "Star Wars" movie series. He has just wrapped production for New Zealand-made thriller "Tracker" in which he stars alongside Ray Winstone.
"Green Lantern" is set to roll cameras for shooting on Monday, March 15 in New Orleans. According to a source, the movie will film a bar scene at the Old Point Bar, 545 Patterson Drive. Ryan Reynolds is cast as the titular character, while Mark Strong is confirmed as the villain, Sinestro. Martin Campbell is hired to serve behind the lens.
The film revolves around Hal Jordan, an ordinary man who was chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Warner Bros. Pictures eyes June 17, 2011 U.S. release for this action film.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease