Artist of the Week: Sade
Though it has been 10 years since they released chart-busting album "Lovers Rock", Sade haven't lost their charm. This Grammy-winning band made a grand return by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with their comeback effort "Soldier of Love" which bowed with 502,000 copies.
The album became their first No. 1 debut and second chart-topper. Additionally, it was the best sales week for an album by a group since AC/DC invaded the chart at the first position with "Black Ice" which sold 784,000 copies in its opening week, November 2008.
Sade remained at the hot spot on the U.S. albums chart for two other consecutive weeks. Led by a title track, their latest studio project pulled in a total of more than 897,000 copies in the United States after three weeks on sale. It also reigned another Billboard chart, Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
Like their devotees in the U.S., the band's fans across the world also welcomed their return with open arms. Filled with ten new materials, "Soldier of Love" peaked at No. 4 on the U.K. Albums chart and ruled at least 15 albums charts worldwide, including Germany and Swiss.
Currently, the album is sitting at No. 2 on Hot 200, being dethroned by Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now". Talking about making music that fans could relate to, frontwoman Sade Adu said in an interview with Ebony Magazine, "I've had my ups and downs in the years between these albums. That's partly why I'm able to write songs that people in some way can hear. I express feelings, real feelings."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart