Artist of the Week: Sade
Though it has been 10 years since they released chart-busting album "Lovers Rock", Sade haven't lost their charm. This Grammy-winning band made a grand return by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with their comeback effort "Soldier of Love" which bowed with 502,000 copies.
The album became their first No. 1 debut and second chart-topper. Additionally, it was the best sales week for an album by a group since AC/DC invaded the chart at the first position with "Black Ice" which sold 784,000 copies in its opening week, November 2008.
Sade remained at the hot spot on the U.S. albums chart for two other consecutive weeks. Led by a title track, their latest studio project pulled in a total of more than 897,000 copies in the United States after three weeks on sale. It also reigned another Billboard chart, Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums.
Like their devotees in the U.S., the band's fans across the world also welcomed their return with open arms. Filled with ten new materials, "Soldier of Love" peaked at No. 4 on the U.K. Albums chart and ruled at least 15 albums charts worldwide, including Germany and Swiss.
Currently, the album is sitting at No. 2 on Hot 200, being dethroned by Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now". Talking about making music that fans could relate to, frontwoman Sade Adu said in an interview with Ebony Magazine, "I've had my ups and downs in the years between these albums. That's partly why I'm able to write songs that people in some way can hear. I express feelings, real feelings."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune