Lady GaGa Blasted by Alphabeat for Being 'Self-Centered' During Tour
Lady GaGa has upset Alphabeat, the supporting act of her U.K. Monster Ball tour. She was claimed by the Danish pop band to have only focused on perfecting her own act and given them no soundcheck time for each show.
"The first time we got to see the stage was when we performed each night," one of the band's member Anders SG testified to the press. "She said, 'I promise you'll get your soundcheck,' but we never did."
"We didn't really get to socialize with her either," he continued on criticizing the way she treated her tour partners. "She had 30 trucks and 12 tour buses. About five of those were for her clothes. We have one bus and a truck."
This is not the first time Lady GaGa comes under fire concerning her on-going traveling show. Fans were previously outraged after learning that tickets for her new tour dates in the U.K. have almost doubled in price. When the tour kicked off last month in Manchester, the tickets ranged from 27.50 to 35 pounds, but the concertgoers were then charged between 50 and 75 pounds for the additional dates.
However, the promoter defended the price as "fair" and "comparable." Chairman of Live Nation, Arthur Fogel, explained, "What was a small arena/theater production is now a massive, first rate arena production. Ticket prices for the previous dates were set long before the current Monster Ball show was developed. Ticket prices are comparable and fair."
Lady GaGa will travel across the Europe until June 4. Afterwards, she reportedly will return to the U.S. to extend the tour with 3-D elements possibly brought to revamp the gig. Rap-Up reported that she will perform at TD Garden in Boston on July 1 and rock Madison Square Garden in New York City on July 6. Two other rumored dates include a show at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on August 11 and another concert at San Jose's HP Pavilion on August 16.
More Lady GaGa News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie