'Jersey Shore' Picked Up by MTV Italia
Despite being deemed as the false portrayal of Italian American, "Jersey Shore" will be exposed to Italian youngsters later this month. Variety reported that MTV Italia has purchased the right to broadcast the first season of the reality show that follows so-called guidos and guidettes living under one roof.
MTV Italia will start airing the show on Monday, March 22 at 10/9c. And given that MTV is aired on free TV in Italy, "Jersey Shore" could actually absorb huge rating from the 20 million plus households. Also, less or little opposition from advocacy groups are expected since the term "guido" is commonly used in the country.
Although MTV defended that Snooki, The Situation, J-Woww, Sammie and the others are the "most famous Italoamericans in the world", a leading daily newspaper in Italy thought otherwise. Corriere della Sera noted "as if the boors on 'Big Brother' weren't enough, now we are importing a reality show that even boosts our country's bad name."
In the U.S, "Jersey Shore" is often in the middle of controversy. New Jersey Italian and Italian American Heritage Commission sent a letter to Viacom, MTV's parent company, asking them to cancel the show for its "offensive, inaccurate" portrayal of Italian-Americans. Nevertheless, MTV renewed it for season 2 because the first one concluded with 4 million viewers.
The second season allegedly will be relocated to Miami, possibly Mynt Beach. The cast are expected to arrive in the new home and start shooting on March 20.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'