Lady GaGa Opens Up Her Hidden Message on 'Telephone' Video
Lady GaGa dished on what the premise of her "Telephone" music video which features Beyonce Knowles. "There's certainly always a hidden message in my music videos. But I would say most predominately, I'm always trying to convolute everyone's idea of what a pop music video should be," she told E! News.
"There was this really amazing quality in 'Paparazzi,' where it kind of had this pure pop music quality but at the same time it was a little bit of commentary on fame culture," she said of the mini-movie. "I wanted to do the same thing with this video - take a decidedly pop song, which on the surface has a quite shallow meaning, and turn it into something deeper."
The "Poker Face" singer continued, "The idea that America is full of young people that are inundated with information and technology and turn it into something that is more of a commentary on the kind of country that we are."
She also shared on how Quentin Tarantino ended up lending her his vehicle. She recalled, "We were having lunch one day in Los Angeles and I was telling him about my concept for the video and he said, 'You gotta use the P***y Wagon!'."
Containing controversial scenes ranging from nudity and lesbian kiss, "Telephone" music video has become an overnight Internet sensation, gaining around 500,000 views in only 12 hours. Recently, footage which shows the video shoot emerged via VEVO, giving a closer look at how this video was made.
Lady GaGa talking about her hidden message:
More Lady GaGa News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal