Photo Gallery: 'American Idol' Top 12 Party
Tears washed away, Top 12 of "American Idol" this season posed on the blue carpet with smiles just a couple hours after some of them were axed. Crystal Bowersox, Tim Urban, Paige Miles, Casey James and the other eight contestants walked their first photo call at Los Angeles' Industry nightclub before heading inside the venue to celebrate the achievement.
Crystal talked to USA Today about being judges' early favorite. She said, "It's flattering but it's still up for grabs. It's up to the American public. It's not Simon [Cowell]." Meanwhile, Andrew Garcia talked about him constantly being criticized for not living up to his Hollywood Week performance. "Right now, it's like, 'Straight Up', get over it," he said. "I'm like, 'C'mon'. You know what, I think they were shocked at what I could do with the song and they're not over it yet."
The beaming contestants were not the only ones in attendance of the party. To hype up the event, stars of "Glee" like Cory Monteith and Mark Salling as well as of "Bones" like Michaela Conlin were invited. Additionally, some familiar faces such as first runner up of "Idol" Justin Guarini and last season's Scott MacIntyre showed their support. Debra Byrd who serves as vocal head coach on the show and "Idol" correspondent for Fox 11 Terri Seymour also took part at the event.
The Top 12 survived the battle of same sex in the past three weeks. Next week, they will vie for audience's vote by singing songs from The Rolling Stones' catalog.
More American Idol News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist