'Planet of the Apes' Prequel to Be Directed by Rupert Wyatt
Words on the street are, Rupert Wyatt has tackled the directing duty for an untitled Planet of the Apes prequel. If the news by Deadline Hollywood is indeed true, then the "The Escapist" helmer takes over the position from Scott Frank who was previously said on board to serve behind the cameras.
Back in late 2008, it was reported that Frank is developing the movie for 20th Century Fox. Earlier this year, however, the "The Lookout" helmer has left the project but there was no explanation on the reason for his departure.
The prequel will take place before the first film, 2001 "Planet of the Apes", and will tell the story of a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans who incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind. It is also said to highlight the origins of how the Apes take over Earth.
The upcoming project is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver have been hired to write the screenplay but this "Planet of the Apes" prequel has yet to have production schedule.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny