'Planet of the Apes' Prequel to Be Directed by Rupert Wyatt
Words on the street are, Rupert Wyatt has tackled the directing duty for an untitled Planet of the Apes prequel. If the news by Deadline Hollywood is indeed true, then the "The Escapist" helmer takes over the position from Scott Frank who was previously said on board to serve behind the cameras.
Back in late 2008, it was reported that Frank is developing the movie for 20th Century Fox. Earlier this year, however, the "The Lookout" helmer has left the project but there was no explanation on the reason for his departure.
The prequel will take place before the first film, 2001 "Planet of the Apes", and will tell the story of a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans who incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind. It is also said to highlight the origins of how the Apes take over Earth.
The upcoming project is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver have been hired to write the screenplay but this "Planet of the Apes" prequel has yet to have production schedule.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video