'Planet of the Apes' Prequel to Be Directed by Rupert Wyatt
Words on the street are, Rupert Wyatt has tackled the directing duty for an untitled Planet of the Apes prequel. If the news by Deadline Hollywood is indeed true, then the "The Escapist" helmer takes over the position from Scott Frank who was previously said on board to serve behind the cameras.
Back in late 2008, it was reported that Frank is developing the movie for 20th Century Fox. Earlier this year, however, the "The Lookout" helmer has left the project but there was no explanation on the reason for his departure.
The prequel will take place before the first film, 2001 "Planet of the Apes", and will tell the story of a hyper-intelligent chimp raised by humans who incites a worldwide ape revolution and causes the downfall of mankind. It is also said to highlight the origins of how the Apes take over Earth.
The upcoming project is said to be tentatively titled "Caesar". Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver have been hired to write the screenplay but this "Planet of the Apes" prequel has yet to have production schedule.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?