Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart at 'The Runaways' LA Premiere
On Thursday, March 11, ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California was packed with people who were longing to see a glimpse of their idols coming to the Los Angeles premiere of "The Runaways". And Dakota Fanning as well as Kristen Stewart were the ones who stole the spotlight that night.
The lead actresses of the film were seen signing autographs for their fans as soon as they arrived at the venue. They later joined forces to pose for the cameras. Dakota opted to look glamor by donning a sparkling silver dress while Kristen, who often comes out with Gothic style, chose to be chic with her pink dress which showed off her cleavage.
The two were additionally joined by the real persons whom they portray in the biopic, Joan Jett and Cherie Currie. Also supporting the special screening was Taylor Lautner, who co-stars Kristen in "Twilight" and its sequels.
"The Runaways" is based on the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name, which were brought together in late 1975 by impresario Kim Fowley. The film will cover the formation of The Runaways through to Cherie's departure at the peak of their success. It will also highlight the relationship between lead vocalist/keyboardist Cherie and guitarist/vocalist Joan.
Dakota and Kristen portray Cherie and Joan respectively, with Scout Taylor-Compton, Stella Maeve and Alia Shawkat playing other members of The Runaways. Directed by Floria Sigismondi, this film will arrive in limited U.S. theaters on March 19.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics